Vianne: I am usually a fan of anything pumpkin. My favorite thing about this recipe though was its spicy flavor and it's texture! B+
Mariah: I had 2 pieces for breakfast! The bread is moist and the texture is perfect. Great for dessert too, but who doesn't love dessert for breakfast? B+
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1/3 cup apple butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup golden raisin (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup craisins (optional, our own addition to the recipe)
1. Pre heat the oven to 350. Lightly spray a 4x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, maple syrup, apple butter, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine until everything is evenly moistened (the batter will be stiff). Fold in the raisins and walnuts, if using.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the center comes out clean.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and let the bread cool completely, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the loaf from the pan. Cool completely before slicing.