16oz rice noodles
1 package pea pods
1 bell pepper
2 handfuls small carrots
1 can water chestnuts
1 small cucumber
1 cup crushed peanuts
1 handful basil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
6 oz rice vinegar
juice of 3 limes
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1. Set pot of water to boil. While waiting, julienne the carrots, pea pods, pepper, and cucumber (keep the cucumber separate). Also, chop the scallions and shred the basil and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients.
3. Cook your rice noodles according the package directions.
4. Before draining the noodles, poor some of the boiling liquid over the carrots, pea pods, and peppers to blanch them. Let them sit for several minutes in the hot water and then run them under cold water and drain. Drain the noodles and also run them under cold water until they're room temperature or colder.
5. Mix the noodles, blanched veggies, cucumber, water chestnuts, peanuts, chopped scallion, sesame seeds, and basil together with the dressing in a large bowl.
6. Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
We love this dish, and it's great for leftovers!